Position: Tax Senior (Multiple Openings)
Job Location: Dallas, Texas
Performs diversified accounting and tax assignments under the direction of supervisors. Begins developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations. Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements. Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review. Manages basic to intermediary complex tax compliance and planning projects from start to finish. Prepares complex tax returns. Reviews tax returns, bookkeeping and accounting projects. Prepares compilations. Conducts tax research. Responsible for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements. Prepare client and IRS correspondence. Leads staff accountants, instructs them in work to be performed, reviewed the work done, and directs necessary revisions.
May supervise the following:
- Tax Staff – holds bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Tax Interns/Seasonal Employees – hold bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Tax Interns/Seasonal Employees – working accounting internships through college for college credit in order to
complete his/her bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, taxation or a related field with required college course hours to sit for the Texas CPA exam.
- Holds a valid CPA license in Texas or is working toward the license by taking and passing the Texas CPA exam
- Eighteen (18) months experience as a tax accountant, to include at least two spring tax seasons.